University of Colorado Health and Welfare plan members (currently UA Net, Lumenos, HMO Colorado, Medicare supplement and University Kaiser) are eligible for a new program, RxConsult.
Rx Consult enables you to meet for free with a clinical pharmacist on the Anschutz Medical, Boulder, Colorado Springs and downtown Denver campuses and at other sites convenient to you to review all of your medications and get answers to any of your medication-related questions. These clinical pharmacists also are faculty members at the Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences on the Anschutz Medical Campus.
During your confidential medication consultation, you will gain a better understanding of how your medications work together, and how you can get optimal benefit from your prescribed therapies. The clinical pharmacist can work with you and your primary care provider to:
- Ensure prescribed medications are effective and appropriately monitored
- Ensure that drug therapy is safe, does not cause unwanted side effects or drug interactions, particularly with other over-the-counter medications or supplements, and is well-tolerated
- Assist with lower-cost medication alternatives based on their formulary
- If needed, assist with adherence issues by helping identify and manage barriers to medication use
Who needs a medication consultation?
Medication consultations can be useful to anyone who takes medications currently or will be taking medications in the near future. However, a medication consultation is especially important for people who:
- Take multiple medications
- Receive medication prescriptions from multiple health care providers
- Have multiple health conditions or complicated conditions
- Have difficulty affording or remembering to take their medications
How can I get more information and schedule an appointment?
For more information about the service and to schedule a consultation, click here.
Whom do I contact with questions about RxConsult?
For questions, you may e-mail RxConsult@ucdenver.edu or leave a voice message at 303-724-6607.