Later this summer, the university will roll out Duo Security’s multi-factor authentication tool, which greatly increases the security of personal information by requiring two layers of authentication before allowing access.
Update your phone numbers now: Multi-factor authentication’s success and usefulness hinges on keeping up-to-date phone numbers in the portal. If you haven’t validated that your phone numbers are correct using the pop-up window in CU Resources, please do so by taking the following steps:
- Select your campus portal at my.cu.edu or from your campus portal link and log in.
- Go to the CU Resources area. A pop-up alert window will ask you to verify your phone information.
- Is your information correct? Check the box next to the statement, “This information has been validated and is up to date.”
- Is your information incorrect? Click the “Update My Information” link and enter the correct phone numbers.
- What if you didn't see a pop-up window? First, make sure you’re in the CU Resources area. From there, select “Employee Profile” from the “Personal Information” menu and verify your phone number(s) and/or update phone numbers, as necessary. Home, cellular, campus 1 and campus 2 phone types will be available for use with the new security tool.
- Once you’ve updated your information, you’re all set.
Find out more: Get the latest information on this project at www.cu.edu/es/it-takes-two.