Faculty and staff at the University of Colorado Colorado Springs have bragging rights in one measurement of health and wellness.
The campus was tops in the friendly competition for most participation in the Be Colorado SUCCEED Health Assessment. Led by Chancellor Pam Shockley-Zalabak, who motivated the campus with inspiring messages, UCCS exceeded its goal of 25 percent participation, reaching 27 percent.
Mark Gelband, director of the Be Colorado wellness program, last week presented Shockley-Zalabak with the health assessment trophy.
“I appreciate the recognition and having the ability to accept the SUCCEED award on behalf of UCCS faculty and staff members,” Shockley-Zalabak said. “More important than the award, however, is that faculty and staff are taking an active role in improving their health and the health of the campus.”
This year participation increased on every campus and at system administration (which was not eligible to participate in the contest). The results:
Strong leadership support is essential to the success of any wellness program. Be Colorado thanks all the chancellors for support of and participation in the SUCCEED Health Assessment.
Besides the friendly campus competition, Be Colorado also sponsored a drawing for $300 airfare vouchers. The 12 lucky winners are: Kristi Chapin, William Wan, Michael Zoppa, Nikki Snortum, Mary Shkapich, Makoto Miyazaki, Adam Holliday, Gwen Kerby, Joseph Brown, Chisya Delamarte, Sherry Lee and Miriam Maslanik.
The second month of the new Move. program is in full swing, with more than 1,200 participants signed up for the program.
Key points about the Move. program:
- You still may register for the program – there is no deadline.
- You must take the SUCCEED health assessment in order to qualify for the $25 monthly incentive.
- Only two manual entries will count toward the requirement each month – the rest must be recorded in real-time by the app or by another compatible device such as a Fitbit, Garmin or Body Media device.
- Unsure of how to use the app? iPhone users click here and Android users click here for a how-to guide that explains how to use the app to track your activity.
- Once you download the app and create an account, make sure you officially enroll in the program by signing in at http://becolorado.digifit.com with your app login and click on “Groups” then click “Join Move Program.”
- You must complete 30 minutes of physical activity on 12 different days of the month.
- You can meet the 30 minutes of physical activity in no less than 10-minute increments.
- You can track your progress towards the monthly goal by reviewing the progress bar located on your Dashboard as well as in the Calendar section. The Calendar section will display a yellow ribbon on each day you met the requirement.
Questions or comments: email email@example.com.