UCCS and CU-Boulder leaders presented responses to the Board of Regents-directed Program Prioritization efforts during meetings at the CU Anschutz Medical Campus. CU Denver and Anschutz will present at a later date.
Chancellor Pam Shockley-Zalabak presented the results of a campuswide process where 103 faculty and staff members evaluated qualitative and quantitative data for 59 academic degree granting programs and 66 non-degree granting programs. The evaluators scored programs based on common criteria including faculty scholarship, faculty merit, student demand, performance trends, innovation, inclusivity and, for non-degree granting programs, criticality and services.
Programs were placed them into one of five categories: exemplary, prominent, accomplished, strategic and needing further study.
Based on the results, 15 actions were identified. The actions were shared with the campus on April 21 as preliminary report to being shared with the regents.
The actions planned for the coming year are:
- Relate opportunities for change to the campus Strategic Plan and use these actions to guide budget development for the 2015-16 fiscal year.
- Strengthen departmental assessment reports.
- Better align the use of merit rating scales across colleges.
- Reorganize University Relations and Development.
- Examine and reorganize where appropriate the Provost’s office to address growth, compliance, research, and the graduate school.
- Structure Beth-El for growth and new opportunities specifically in relation to the Lane Center for Academic Health Sciences and the Colorado Springs City for Champions Sports Medicine and Performance Center project.
- Continue to improve financial performance for College of Education.
- Integrate future Information Technology planning with online and hybrid curriculum offerings.
- Reorganize and expand student leadership programs.
- Reorganize CSTEME to accommodate more outreach programs.
- Consider unifying outreach and recruitment for active duty military and veteran students.
- Integrate Graduate School admissions operations with Admissions and Records graduate processing.
- Clarify and adjust as needed teaching loads and assignments.
- Continue to diversify resources.
- Meet with all programs in the Further Study areas. Determine actions based on applicable criteria: quality, leadership, structure, resources, enrollment (retention and degree conferral), productivity, services provided, criticality to mission, and potential.