A 14-member search committee will assist in the selection of a new UCCS provost, Chancellor Pam Shockley-Zalabak announced Friday.
Thirteen faculty and staff members were selected following nominations by campus governance groups. A student representative will be added before the committee’s first meeting on Monday. At that meeting, the committee will review a position description and advertising plan.
On Feb. 7, Provost Peg Bacon announced her plan to retire effective July 1 after 34 years of service to the university.
The committee will be co-chaired by Terry Schwartz, associate dean, School of Public Affairs, and Charlie Sweet, executive director, Strategic Planning and Initiatives.
Other committee members are:
- Suzanne Cook, instructor, Languages and Cultures Department
- Andrew Czaplewski, professor, College of Business
- Julaine Field, associate professor, College of Education
- Barbara Gaddis, executive director, Office of Student Retention and First Year Experience
- Tom Hutton, executive director, University Advancement
- Katie Kaukinen, associate professor, School of Public Affairs
- Andrew Ketsdever, assistant professor, College of Engineering and Applied Science
- Tom Napierkowski, professor, English Department
- Ellen Pettijohn, assistant director, Office of Student Retention and First Year Experience
- Jevita Rogers, director, Office of Financial Aid and Student Employment
- Susan Szpyrka, senior associate vice chancellor, Administration and Finance