Payroll & Benefit Services (PBS) encourages you to carefully review your benefits options each year during open enrollment (OE) and to be actively engaged in making the best decisions for yourself and your eligible dependents. Beginning Monday, May 7, PBS will be conducting OE sessions, and representatives from the university’s and state’s group insurance plans will be hosting Carrier Fairs on each campus to help in your decision making.
At OE sessions, PBS benefits professionals will detail plan changes, what’s new for the plan year and how to enroll. They also will answer your questions. At the Carrier Fairs, you have the opportunity to meet with plan representatives to learn more about their plans and services.
This year, a new service is being offered in conjunction with Carrier Fairs. Pharmacists from the Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences will be on hand as part of the new CU Health Plan medication therapy management program, Rx Consult.
Rx Consult enables you to meet with a clinical pharmacist in a confidential setting to review without charge all of your medications and get answers to any of your medication-related questions.
The clinical pharmacist can work with you and your primary care provider to:
- Ensure prescribed medications are effective and appropriately monitored
- Ensure that drug therapy is safe, does not cause unwanted side effects or drug interactions, particularly with other over-the-counter medications or supplements, and is well-tolerated
- Assist with lower-cost medication alternatives based on their formulary
- If needed, assist with adherence issues by helping identify and manage barriers to medication use
PBS also will be conducting Spanish and Laotian OE Sessions on the Boulder Campus on May 15 and 17. To learn more about dates, times and locations go to www.cu.edu/openenrollment and click on OE Sessions and Carrier Fairs under Important Topics on the right hand side of the page. To learn more about Rx Consult or schedule an appointment, go to http://www.ucdenver.edu/academics/colleges/pharmacy/Resources/RxConsult/Pages/RxConsult.aspx.
Important OE Reminders
- Positive Enrollment – This year’s OE is a positive enrollment, meaning you must take action.
- Final rates and plan descriptions are available.
- Dependent Eligibility Verification – If you are adding new dependents for coverage effective July 1, 2012, you must verify their eligibility with PBS during the open enrollment period and have required documents submitted by 5 p.m. May 25. There is no guarantee of dependent coverage if required documents are not received by the due date.
- Cafeteria Plans – You must re-enroll and actively elect your annual contributions for Health Care and Dependent Care flexible spending accounts each year at open enrollment.
- University Optional Term Life Insurance – If you and/or your spouse, common law spouse or SGDP are non-tobacco users, meaning that you have not used tobacco products within the past 12 months, you are eligible for a discounted rate in the Optional Term Life/AD&D Insurance Plan. Complete the appropriate section on the Benefits Enrollment/Change Form or online web application to receive the discounted rate. Enrollment in the discounted rate is allowed only during the OE period.
- Due to pre-scheduled, enterprise-wide system maintenance, the OE web application WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE from 6 p.m. Saturday, May 5, until 6 a.m. Sunday, May 6.
- OE ends at 5 p.m. May 25.
A live Twitter feed can be found on the OE website. Follow us @CUOE to get the latest information about OE and to ask questions.