Regents approve $2.6 billion operating budget
The University of Colorado Board of Regents on Monday approved a $2.6 billion operating budget for fiscal year 2009-10, a 5.7 percent increase over the current fiscal year, which ends June 30.
Regents satisfied with consolidation assessment, halt study
The University of Colorado Board of Regents on Monday unanimously passed a resolution that reaffirmed the consolidation of the University of Colorado Denver's Downtown Campus and Anschutz Medical Campus, halting a comprehensive assessment that was scheduled to proceed through the fall.
Regents approve capital construction plan
The University of Colorado Board of Regents approved the revised five-year capital construction plan for building projects across CU's campuses, even though there is no state money to fund the buildings.
In other business, the Board of Regents...
- Re-elected Steve Bosley (R-Longmont) as chair and Tillie Bishop (R-Grand Junction) as vice chair.
- Appointed Mary Rinehart to the University of Colorado Hospital Authority Board of Directors.
- Approved resolutions recognizing outgoing University of Colorado Staff Council Chair Jennifer Lahlou and outgoing Intercampus Student Forum chair Sruthi Pandipati.
- Approved the creation of the Renewable and Sustainable Energy Institute at CU-Boulder.
- Approved the second amendment to the program plan for the Systems Biotechnology Building.
- Approved the doctoral degree in Applied Science at UCCS.
- Approved revisions to the funding for the Faculty Housing Assistance Program.
- Approved implementing new federal regulation related to identity theft protection.
- Approved providing resident tuition for honorably discharged veterans (House Bill 09-1039).
- Approved an amendment to the Laws of the Regents, Article 4 - Organization of Academic Units, and Revisions to Policy 4.H: Program Discontinuance.