The University of Colorado Anschutz Health and Wellness Center at the Anschutz Medical Campus in Aurora is home to the brand new Extreme Weight Loss: Destination Boot Camp transformation weight loss program. The first sessions in October were a sell-out and 2015 boot camps will be held in March, June and July.
Bistro Elaia provides meals for the "bootcampers" participating in the program and is located in the lobby of the CU Anschutz Health and Wellness Center. Menus are developed by resident chef Paolo Neville in collaboration with health and wellness center dieticians.
The same collaboration created these holiday tips and slimmed-down festive recipes. The twists chef Neville puts on traditional finger food tricks party-goers into eating healthy and makes it easy to keep the fun in the gathering.
- Plan ahead: Whether you’re a guest or a host, never go to a party hungry, fill up on a healthy snack beforehand.
- Stick with your routine: The holidays aren’t an excuse not to exercise; fit your workout in before the party.
- Location, location, location: Avoid temptation. Step away from the food tables.
- Fool the guests: Serve up a slimmed-down recipe that looks good, tastes great and has everyone guessing at your secret.
- Lighter beverages: Sparkling Black Berry Spritzer is a festive, nonalcoholic choice, or add a little splash of rum.
- Cut out the chips: Bistro Elaia Spiced Almonds provide a crunch plus an extra flavor boost.
- Cut out the crackers: Holiday Salad Quinoa Canapé includes fresh mint, nuts and cranberries all served up on a refreshing slice of cucumber.
- Lean protein: Roasted Flank Steak Roulade uses a leaner cut of beef and still bursts with rich flavor.
- Desserts are a must: Meyer Lemon Mousse with Raspberry keeps the holidays sweet with honey and stevia.
Bistro Elaia at the CU Anschutz Health and Wellness Center is Denver and Aurora’s healthy catering choice and offers recipe rehab tips year-round.