Nominations are requested for the Elizabeth D. Gee Memorial Lectureship Award, which recognizes and honors an outstanding faculty member of the University of Colorado for efforts to advance women in academia, interdisciplinary scholarly contributions and distinguished teaching.
Instituted in 1992, the award is named for Elizabeth Gee, a faculty member in the Health Sciences Center School of Nursing and the late wife of former CU President Gordon Gee.
The Gee Award is the only award in the CU system that specifically recognizes outstanding work on women's issues and efforts to advance women in the academy. It carries with it a $1,000 prize, and the recipient will present his/her scholarly work at the CU Women Succeeding Annual Professional Development Symposium on Feb. 28, 2014.
Any full-time faculty member from any CU campus may be nominated. See below for more details on the nomination process. Previous nominees are encouraged to re-apply. Preference will be given to nominees who have been with the University of Colorado at least five years.
- Record of advancing women in the academic community (please note that nominee should show evidence of advancing women beyond his/her own department);
- Significant and original scholarship and/or creative work;
- Record of research, teaching, and/or service that pushes the boundaries of disciplinary knowledge and make connections between disciplines;
- Distinguished record in teaching excellence.
To nominate a candidate, please submit the following:
- a nomination statement in letter form (please individually address each of the four criteria listed above in the letter),
- a two to three page abbreviated current curriculum vitae of the nominee
- a one to two page personal statement from the nominee (please individually address each of the four criteria listed above in the statement, and
- a minimum of three letters of support from the University community and one letter from the extended academic community.
One letter from a student or advisee is optional. More letters are allowed as long as the 20-page overall limit is not exceeded.
Nomination packets should not exceed 20 pages.
Nominations will only be accepted when all materials are submitted. Deadline for submission is Nov. 11. Please electronically submit the nomination packet as a single PDF file to email@example.com. If you have any questions about the nomination process, please contact Melinda Piket-May at firstname.lastname@example.org.