Renew mind, body and spirit at the Broadmoor’s second annual Women’s Weekend of Wellness, in partnership with the Anschutz Health and Wellness Center, April 12-14.
The comprehensive weekend features numerous seminars and discussions, led by doctors and specialists from the Anschutz Health and Wellness Center at the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus along with popular returning speakers from 2012’s event.
Seminars delve into a variety of subjects including sleep, fitness, weight loss, ambition and stress, among others, concentrating on women’s health and well-being.
FRIDAY, April 12:
Following a welcome ceremony in the afternoon, guests engage with two speakers:
- “The Power of Perspective on Mind, Body and Spirit” by Terry Eckmann, Ph.D.
- “What is Wellness and Why Do You Want It?” by Jim Hill, Ph.D.
SATURDAY, April 13:
Following a variety of morning activities, guests attend two morning seminars focusing on topics:
- “Stress and the Mind/Body Syndrome” by Marnie Dominy, M.S.
- “Finding Your Life’s Purpose—A Key to Changing Your Lifestyle” by John Peters, Ph.D
A healthful networking lunch is served on the West Terrace, overlooking Cheyenne Lake.
Afternoon panel discussion topics include:
- “Metabolic Fitness” by John Peters, Ph.D. and Jim Hill, Ph.D.
- “How to Get the Most From Your Exercise” by Inigo San Millan, Ph.D.
- “How to Lose Weight and Keep It Off Forever” by Holly Wyatt, M.D.
- “Better Sleep—Better Health”
SUNDAY, April 14:
Following a variety of morning activities, guests attend:
- A working breakfast buffet featuring speaker, Kim Gorman, M.S., R.D., highlighting the methods to maximizing nutrition
- A seminar lead by Holly Wyatt, M.D., focusing on “The Colorado Mindset: Your Approach to Life Impacts Your Health”
Guests can also receive a Personalized Wellness Evaluation at the culmination of the weekend, to assess the six controllable dimensions of wellness: physical fitness, metabolic fitness, nutrition, sleep, stress and quality and satisfaction with life. The evaluation ties in with the seminar and discussion topics focusing on methods to enhance each dimension for overall improved wellness. Evaluation results are discussed with health experts and personal goals are set.
Additionally, an array of fitness-minded physical and meditative activities, led by the Broadmoor’s team of knowledgeable fitness and wellness instructors, are offered throughout the weekend in the hotel’s luxurious facilities and on the picturesque grounds of the property. Activities include a guided hike, AquaFit and a blended class of yoga, Pilates and Tai Chi.
Guests are encouraged to dine at one of the restaurants at the Broadmoor during their stay. Also, guests receive a 15 percent discount at the award-winning The Spa at The Broadmoor and the many retail boutiques.
The Broadmoor’s two-night Women’s Weekend of Wellness package starts at $450 per person, based on double occupancy. The Personalized Wellness Evaluation is an additional $140 and must be booked in advance. Pre-registration is required for fitness activities Saturday and Sunday morning. Reservations for packages may be booked online by visiting The BROADMOOR or by calling 866-634-7711 ext. 5775.