Brenda J. Allen, associate vice chancellor for Diversity and Inclusion at the University of Colorado Denver, has been announced as the keynote speaker for CU Women Succeeding, the 11th annual professional development symposium.
The website for the women’s symposium, free to faculty and staff across the system, has more information on the event, which this year is themed “Opening Doors: Navigating Your Professional Journey.” Allen will speak on “Setting Your Stride for an Empowered Career Path.”
Registration will begin Oct. 25 at the website.
The Faculty Council Women’s Committee continues to solicit proposals for symposium, which runs 4 p.m. Feb. 21 through 4 p.m. Feb. 22 at the University of Colorado Boulder’s University Memorial Center.
The committee welcomes proposals for workshops, roundtables, book discussions, panels, and other interactive and innovative formats focused on the theme for the Friday sessions. Proposals should address the interests and concerns of CU women faculty and staff and can also address broader educational/professional-development issues related to women in academia and beyond.
The committee also welcomes proposals for poster presentations during the Thursday opening celebration.
Each proposal must include contact information for a primary organizer, who will be responsible for the content and recruitment of additional presenters for the session.
Proposals must include:
- Title of presentation
- Summary of presentation to be printed in Symposium brochure (100 words or less, please)
- Brief description of proposed topic and how it relates to the “Opening Doors: Navigating your Professional Journey” theme (200 words)
- One to three specific learning objectives for participants
- Time block preference (indicate preference for 45 or 90 minutes)
- Names of each presenter (if more than one)
- Contact information for principal presenter; CU campus and department; title; email address; phone number.
- Technology resources needed
The deadline for submission is Friday, Oct. 26. The selection process will be completed and presenters notified by early December. Questions: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Click here to submit your proposal.