W-4 annual updates

By Staff

The IRS requires employers to remind their employees annually to review and make any necessary changes to their W-4 (employee's withholding allowance certificate). This review should help you determine if your filing status and/or number of withholding allowances will need to change for the new tax year.

Note to international employees: Do not submit a W-4 for 2010. International nonresident employees may only make W-4 changes under the supervision of their campus international tax specialist. Contact an international tax specialist at 303-735-6530 if you believe your status has changed.

The university's Payroll & Benefit Services also has compiled other important annual tax-related reminders for employees, which are available at