System Staff Council is soliciting nominations for the fourth annual President's Employee of the Year Award.
The 2010-2011 President's Employee of the Year Award will be presented to a system administration employee in recognition and appreciation of exceptional job performance. An award of $1,000 (subject to payroll taxes) will be presented to the winner at a recognition reception hosted by System Staff Council on Oct. 22.
All system administration classified and professional exempt staff may be nominated for the award; however, temporary employees, student workers, university officers, the HR director and recognition committee are ineligible.
Nominations are accepted from fellow staff, faculty or students who have first-hand knowledge of the nominee's performance. The nominee's supervisor must provide written approval of the nomination.
A letter of nomination and two or three additional letters supporting the nomination should be sent electronically to Lisa Landis, HR director, at email@example.com (confirmation of receipt will follow). Each total submission should not exceed six pages. Nomination letters must describe why the person deserves to receive the award.
Nominations will be accepted through 5 p.m. Friday, Sept. 24.
A successful nomination letter should include the following information:
- Performance: Describe the traits that make the nominee personally and professionally successful. How does his/her performance serve as an example to others? How does s/he show accountability and pride in job duties/processes? What does s/he contribute to the daily operation of the unit?
- Customer service: How is the nominee responsive to and supportive of customers and colleagues? In what way does the nominee show respect for colleagues and customers, including those with different opinions, skills, and objectives?
- Teamwork: In what way has the nominee acted to bring others together into a cohesive unit, or demonstrated a willingness to take action within a team framework? How is his/her willingness to share time, energy and knowledge for the benefit of the unit or customer demonstrated?
- Leadership: How has the nominee demonstrated leadership?
- Excellence: How is the nominee's willingness to go the extra mile demonstrated? How does s/he contribute to the greater CU community?
The HR Director and the recognition committee will consider all nominations and make a determination based upon the criteria listed above.