Nominations are being sought for the fifth annual President’s Employee of the Year Award, which will be presented to one system administration employee in recognition and appreciation of exceptional job performance. The $1,000 award will be presented Nov. 30 to the chosen employee at a recognition reception hosted by System Staff Council.
All system administration classified and professional exempt staff are eligible for the award with a few exceptions: Temporary employees, student workers, university officers, the human resources director and members of the recognition committee (Lori Krug, Tricia Strating and Tracy Miles) are ineligible. Fellow staff, faculty or students who have first-hand knowledge of the nominee's performance may nominate an individual; the nominee’s supervisor must provide written approval of the nomination.
A nomination packet must include a letter of endorsement from the nominator as well as two or three other supporting letters. The submission should not exceed six pages and should be sent electronically to Director of Human Resources Lisa Landis at email@example.com. Nominations will be accepted through 5 p.m. Sept. 30.
A nomination letter must include the following information:
- Performance: Describe the traits that make the nominee personally and professionally successful. How does his/her performance serve as an example to others? How does s/he show accountability and pride in job duties/processes? What does s/he contribute to the daily operation of the unit?
- Customer service: How is the nominee responsive to and supportive of customers and colleagues? In what way does the nominee show respect for colleagues and customers, including those with different opinions, skills and objectives?
- Teamwork: In what way has the nominee acted to bring others together into a cohesive unit, or demonstrated a willingness to take action within a team framework? How is his/her willingness to share time, energy and knowledge for the benefit of the unit or customer demonstrated?
- Leadership: How has the nominee demonstrated leadership?
- Excellence: How is the nominee’s willingness to go the extra mile demonstrated? How does s/he contribute to the greater CU community?
The director of human resources and the recognition committee will consider all nominations and make a determination based on the above criteria.