The University of Colorado Staff Council announces its annualService Excellence Award for classified staff and professional exempt employees of the university. The award, which includes $1,000 cash, is given by the council to a qualified person from each campus and one from system administration.
Awards will be presented at the All Staff Council Conference on April 16. Each recipient and her or his nominator, supervisor and one guest will be invited to attend the luncheon.
The award recognizes and rewards employees who have provided outstanding volunteer service to their campus, community/civic/professional activities and the university as a whole through involvement in staff issues, committee work, teamwork, professional development of peers and community relations.
Any active, certified, classified staff or professional exempt employee of the university, excluding current Staff Council members, is eligible. Nominations will be accepted from any staff, faculty, student or administrator within the university. Nominators must work with their nominee for a complete nomination packet.
Nominations will be judged on the candidate's service...
- To their home campus, including but not limited to membership and leadership within standing and ad-hoc committees, staff governance organizations, and by the importance of the activity and its benefit to the campus community (50 percent)
- To community/civic and professional organizations (30 percent)
- To the university, including but not limited to membership and leadership within standing and ad-hoc committees, staff governance organizations, local and statewide organizations, and by the importance of the activity and its benefit to the university community (20 percent)
Service does not include activities that are part of an employee's job description or activities that are directly related to the employee's current job duties.
Nominations must be received by March 2 and must include:
- A completed nomination form describing the nominee's service to the three areas listed above
- A paragraph describing the nominee's current job responsibilities
- A letter from the nominator and an additional letter of support from a staff member, faculty member or administrator, based on the award criteria
Nomination materials, not to exceed 10 pages, will be reviewed by the Staff Council and recipients will be chosen based on the above criteria. Accuracy of the nominee's qualifications will be verified by the council.
Send nomination packets to your campus representative:
- Boulder, Gregg Lundgren, 303-735-0472, Greggory.Lundgren@colorado.edu
- Colorado Springs, Jane Muller, 719-255-4553, email@example.com
- Denver, Miranda Carbaugh, 303-315-2771, firstname.lastname@example.org
- System Administration, Lori Krug, 303-735-5737, email@example.com