The University of Colorado Board of Regents on Wednesday named the members of the Presidential Search Advisory Committee, which will assist in the process of selecting the institution’s next president.
The search committee is chaired by Regents Heidi Ganahl and Irene Griego. The membership of the committee is outlined in Regent Policy 3 (E). Members are:
- Faculty representatives: Tom Cech (CU Boulder); Christopher Bell (CU Colorado Springs); Joanne Addison (CU Denver); Laura Borgelt (CU Anschutz Medical Campus)
- Dean representative: Bobby Braun (CU Boulder)
- Staff representative: Corey Edwards (CU Denver)
- Student representative: Alex Holmgren (CU Boulder)
- Alumni representatives: Brian Davidson, Frank McNulty
- Community representatives: Pam Shockley-Zalabak, Cy Harvey, Jake Zambrano, Ben Ochoa
The committee will assist the Board of Regents, which is responsible for naming the next president.
“We’re pleased to have an engaged, diverse committee that represents CU’s key constituents, both inside and outside the university,” said Sue Sharkey, chair of the board. “Selecting the next CU president is a critically important task and we feel we have the right people involved.”
The search advisory committee will get its charge from the Board of Regents at its Nov. 8 meeting in Colorado Springs. The search will officially commence when the board receives the charge.
The next president will replace Bruce Benson, who announced that he plans to retire from CU in July after 11 years at the helm. He is the longest-serving CU president in 65 years.