During its meeting last week at CU Denver, the Board of Regents approved changes to the following Regent Policies, effective Feb. 13, 2020:
- Policy 2.I: Political and Social Expression by Regents (formerly Institutional Neutrality)
- Policy 13.D: Defense and Indemnification of University of Colorado Employees
- Policy 14.I: Weapons Control
For details, go to https://www.cu.edu/doc/policy-2i-13d-14i-justificationpdf.
For more information on the ongoing review of Regent Laws and Policies, go to https://www.cu.edu/regents/rlpreview.
In other business at the Board of Regents meeting, which took place Feb. 13-14 at CU Denver:
- The board voted unanimously to approve the UCCS 2020-2030 Strategic Plan. Read more in Communique.
- The board approved a new bachelor’s degree in Human Physiology and Nutrition at UCCS; it’s designed to prepare students for careers as health professionals. Read more in Communique.
- The board approved four facility-related items at CU Boulder and a rollover of men’s basketball head coach Tad Boyle’s current contract, extending the agreement for one additional year, through June 30, 2025. Read more in CU Boulder Today.
- The board approved a resolution of appreciation for Patrick O’Rourke, vice president, University Counsel and Secretary of the Board of Regents since 2012, who this week takes a new post as interim executive vice chancellor and chief operating officer at CU Boulder. “You’ve made me a better lawyer and a better person,” O’Rourke told the board. “I’m really grateful for it.”
- The board offered a livestream of its two-day meeting and will continue to do so at future meetings. Video recordings of past meetings also will be posted and linked from the Board of Regents website.