Open Enrollment: Still time to attend informational sessions, fairs
Open Enrollment (OE), the one time each year when University of Colorado faculty and staff may make changes to benefits plans, ends at 5 p.m. May 25.
The 2012-13 OE is a positive enrollment for all medical and dental benefits-eligible employees, which means you must take action for medical and dental benefits, even if you waived coverage for FY 2011-12. The only exception will be for Medicare-eligible retirees and surviving spouses/same gender domestic partners.
OE Sessions and Carrier Fairs are happening today on the Colorado Springs campus and Tuesday on the Boulder campus. For more information about times and locations, plans and plan changes, final rates, how to enroll and what happens if you choose to take no action during open enrollment, go to www.cu.edu/openenrollment.
Important OE Reminders
- Positive Enrollment – This year’s OE is a positive enrollment, meaning you must take action.
- Final rates and plan descriptions are available.
- Dependent Eligibility Verification – If you are adding new dependents for coverage effective July 1, 2012, you must verify their eligibility with PBS during the open enrollment period and have required documents submitted by 5 p.m. May 25. There is no guarantee of dependent coverage if required documents are not received by the due date.
- Cafeteria Plans – You must re-enroll and actively elect your annual contributions for Health Care and Dependent Care flexible spending accounts each year at open enrollment.
- University Optional Term Life Insurance – If you and/or your spouse, common law spouse or SGDP are non-tobacco users, meaning that you have not used tobacco products within the past 12 months, you are eligible for a discounted rate in the Optional Term Life/AD&D Insurance Plan. Complete the appropriate section on the Benefits Enrollment/Change Form or online web application to receive the discounted rate. Enrollment in the discounted rate is allowed only during the OE period.
A live Twitter feed can be found on the OE website. Follow us @CUOE to get the latest information about OE and to ask questions.