The Faculty Council Women's Committee is requesting nominations for the 2011 Elizabeth D. Gee Memorial Lectureship Award.
This award recognizes and honors an outstanding faculty member of the University of Colorado for efforts to advance women in academia, interdisciplinary scholarly contributions and distinguished teaching.
Established in 1992, the award is named for Elizabeth Gee, a faculty member in the Health Sciences Center School of Nursing and the late wife of former CU President Gordon Gee. It is the only award in the CU system that specifically recognizes outstanding work on women's issues and efforts to advance women in the academic community. The winner receives a $1,000 prize and will have an opportunity to present his or her scholarly work at a research symposium and award ceremony.
Any full-time faculty member from any CU campus may be nominated. Previous nominees are encouraged to re-apply. Preference will be given to nominees who have been with CU at least five years.
The criteria for selecting recipients of the award:
- Record of advancing women in the academic community (please note that nominee should show evidence of advancing women beyond his or her own department)
- Significant and original scholarship and/or creative work
- Record of research, teaching and/or service that pushes the boundaries of disciplinary knowledge and makes connection between disciplines
- Distinguished record in teaching excellence
To nominate a candidate, please submit the following:
- a nomination statement in letter form (please individually address each of the four criteria listed above in the letter)
- a two- to three-page abbreviated current curriculum vitae of the nominee
- a one- to two-page personal statement from the nominee (please individually address each of the four criteria listed above in the statement)
- letters of support from the university community and the extended academic community (one letter from a student or advisee is optional)
The nomination deadline is Nov. 29. Nomination packets should not exceed 20 pages. Only complete nomination packets sent in by the due date will be reviewed. Please electronically submit the nominating packet as a single PDF file to Rae Ann Armijo at RaeAnn.Armijo@cu.edu.
If you have any questions about the nomination process, please contact Melinda Piket-May at Melinda.Piket-May@colorado.edu.