On Aug. 20, CU Connections will relaunch in a new, mobile-friendly Web platform with added features and more ways for faculty and staff to connect with news and information from across the University of Colorado.
The redesign follows months of development, with goals informed by reader surveys and input and involvement from faculty and staff governance.
Among the additions and improvements:
- Mobile-responsive design: Like cu.edu, CU Connections will boast a display that recognizes and adjusts to the screen you’re using, be it a desktop, laptop, tablet or phone. Text, photos and other media on each page will automatically resize to make accessing content simple and swift. The weekly email – automatically delivered to all faculty and staff – also is redesigned to be responsive, providing easy reading and direct access to individual stories.
- Reader polls: Make your voice heard with a click by taking part in regular reader polls, where Connections will pose questions prompted by hot topics and issues around CU, Colorado and higher education.
- Better commenting capability: Give instant feedback to posts with commenting powered by Disqus, the Web’s favorite discussion system.
- New calendar: Keep tabs on events and happenings that matter to faculty and staff.
- Integrated campus content: CU Connections will continue to highlight news from across the campuses. Whenever possible, we’ll link directly to campus-based Websites, where you can discover more of the news that’s important to you.
- Headlines from elsewhere: Besides continuing to provide original content and a digest of what’s going on within CU, CU Connections will point you toward relevant media postings from local, state and national news organizations.
- Twitter feed: Get a live look at social media activity across CU.
- Tailor your experience: Sample a wide array of news and information from the CU system and campuses, or quickly sort just the posts that interest you – by campus, peer group or story type.
Watch for the all-new CU Connections on Aug. 20.