The University of Colorado has joined King Soopers and The Little Clinic to bring convenient care to more communities. The unique collaboration will provide CU Health Plan members and the larger community more options to improve their health through services and access to professionals in a variety of fields such as nutrition and wellness programs and more.
The Little Clinic offers Board Certified Nurse Practitioners to treat common illnesses, minor injuries and wellness care including sports physicals and vaccinations. The clinics are open seven days a week; no appointment is necessary.
Lilly Marks, vice president for health affairs for the University of Colorado and executive vice chancellor for the CU Anschutz Medical Campus, has noted, “Through The Little Clinic inside King Soopers, CU Health partners and University Physicians will be able to more directly connect with our community in neighborhoods where patients live throughout Colorado. The Little Clinic meets several essential demands in today’s health care marketplace, including convenience and access, and the University of Colorado Health Partners is proud to connect our vast network of quality health care professionals to meet these needs.”
The Little Clinic is a great option for the following after-hours and weekend services:
- Illnesses – Seasonal allergies, bronchitis, ear infection, flu, sinus infection, urinary infections
- Physicals – Camp, School, Sports, DOT Physicals & Life Event Physical
- Health Screenings – Biometric Screenings, Blood Glucose, Blood Pressure
- Preventive Services – Tobacco Cessation Program, Travel Healthcare Services
- Vaccinations – Flu, Hepatitis A & B, Meningitis, Pneumonia, Varicella (Chickenpox)
- Injectable Medications – Corticosteroid, Phenergan Injection, Toradol Injection
- Other Services – Pregnancy Testing, Suture Removal, Rapid Strep Test, Wound Repair
CU Health Plan members in the Exclusive, High Deductible, Open Access, and Medicare plans have the same coverage and applicable copayments and/or deductibles for services provided at the Little Clinic as they would at other providers. For CU Health Plan – Exclusive members, Little Clinic TLC visits are covered under the primary care co-pay, and a referral by a primary care physician is not required.
Services are not covered for CU Health Plan – Kaiser members, and some services, such as camp, school, sports, and life event physicals are not covered under any of the CU Health Plans. While the total cost for these types of services is a member’s responsibility, out-of-pocket costs still may be lower than other options.
Location, Hours of Operation
- Conveniently located in 14 neighborhood King Soopers
- Denver, Colorado Springs, Fort Collins and Greeley.
- Link to Locations in Colorado: http://www.thelittleclinic.com/Dot_LocationColorado.asp?category=118
- Hours of Operation
- Monday - Friday: 8:30 a.m.-7:30 p.m.
- Saturday: 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Sunday: 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
For more information about the Little Clinics and their full range of services, go to http://www.thelittleclinic.com.