On Wednesday, June 27, hundreds of CU staff, faculty and students will join thousands of other Coloradans in riding on Bike to Work Day.
Last year, more than 34,000 riders from across metro Denver and more than 1,100 in Colorado Springs registered for Bike to Work Day, including more than 500 from CU campuses. Riders enjoyed free breakfast at more than 300 breakfast stations, rode more than 600,000 miles, helped avoid 265 tons of CO2 – and burned countless millions of calories.
For 2018, it’s All Four: Bike to Work Day, as the campuses are joining together in the effort to increase our positive impact with the goal of surpassing 1,000 registered participants.
To get involved:
- Register and find out what is happening on your campus and in your area (see links below)
- Show your colors by ordering a Bike to Work Day T-shirt
- Ride your bike on June 27
CU Boulder - Register
On Bike to Work Day, swing by the breakfast station at the Rec Center on your way to work. Showers will be available to all participants with CU ID. After work, ride over to the Bike Home Party Station at the University Memorial Center from 4:30-6:30 p.m. Hop on a blender bike to make your own smoothie, grab some snacks, play games and win prizes from CU Bike Program and various vendors from the Hill.
UCCS - Register
Join us any time from 6-9 a.m. at the University Village Colorado amphitheater for free breakfast. Every UCCS faculty or staff member who registers by June 25 will receive a free day pass to the Gallogly Recreation and Wellness Center’s shower facilities. This also is an opportunity to sign-up for UCCS’ Pedal Perks bike incentive program. Receive an RFID tag and a Polar water bottle and enter to win monthly prizes and learn about community rides.
For ideas on how to make your commute flat and fun, or more details about breakfast stations and after-work activities, visit www.bikecoloradosprings.org/calendar or send questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or Ext. 3089.
CU Denver, CU Anschutz Medical Campus and CU system - Register
Last year, more than 750 cyclists – CU and non-CU staff – rode to work at CU Denver, CU Anschutz, CU hospitals and medical centers and CU system administration. This year’s goal is to eclipse 1,000 participants. Breakfast stations will be hosted at CU Denver and CU Anschutz:
- CU Denver and CU system are combining efforts to increase the cool factor. The location downtown will be at Cherry Creek Front Park, right off the bike path between Speer Boulevard and 14th, Lawrence and Larimer streets. Come enjoy live music and dance with Milo.
- Pedal to CU Anschutz and enjoy food, music, a prize drawing for registrants and more. The station will be at the grass oval in front of Building 500. CU Anschutz’s registration goal is 600 participants. Your registration will include entry into the DRCOG/WaytoGo Bike-to-Work-Day raffle (open to all Denver-Boulder participants) which includes a chance to win a cycling trip for two to Iceland. Many other great prizes are available; the earlier you register, the greater your chance of winning a prize. Click here to register.
Visit the Bike to Work website for more details about all breakfast stations, group rides, T-shirts and more.