With the HCM rollout just a few months away, HCM Transaction Workshops will walk users of CU’s finance and human resources systems through new workflow and approval processes that will change the workday for the better.
The HCM upgrade is part of the two-year Elevate project, which will overhaul how the University of Colorado tracks time, pays employees, manages talent and more. Along with the HCM rollout, CU also will upgrade its existing financial system and hiring/recruiting software in early November.
The fourth of six sessions in the HCM training series, HCM Transactions Workshops will be available Aug. 19-Sept. 1 on all four campuses and the CU system. Registration directions are below.
The workshop focuses on completing basic tasks using transaction pages, which allow you to make several changes in one window. This means you’ll no longer need to toggle among different modules to do your job. Transactions pages will vastly improve CU business processes – and will be an important part of HCM community jobs in the future – so users are encouraged to attend.
What you’ll learn
We’ll show what transaction pages look like and how they work. You’ll learn about new approval processes that route data for review before they’re updated in HCM tables, helping curb errors and corrections. A demonstration will walk you through performing common tasks using transaction pages, so you’ll get a better idea of what’s similar and what’s different compared to your current workflow.
After the HCM Transactions Workshop, the final two workshop sessions will focus on paying employees and running reviews and reports. Later this fall, you’ll have the opportunity to test drive the system yourself at Structured and Open labs, where subject-matter experts will be available to answer your questions and share tips for success.
Ready to register? Here’s how:
- Log in to the employee portal
- On the right-hand menu, click Training
- Click Start SkillSoft
- Click Catalog
- Click CU Instructor Led Training (the second folder in the list)
- Click Elevate: HCM Campus Workshops
- There are six training topics. Click on the topic you’d like to attend.
- Once you’ve found a session that works for your schedule, click Enroll on the furthest column to the right. You’ll be emailed an enrollment confirmation, which you can link to your Outlook calendar.
- Click on the small calendar icon in the left corner of the window. It will open a table that displays the dates, times, and locations of the workshops.