Starting Tuesday, free health screenings will be available on each University of Colorado campus as part of the Be Colorado wellness program. The health screenings are an easy, convenient, confidential way to take stock of your current health. They also offer a chance to win a new iPad 2.
To get started:
- Go to the Be Colorado website, www.becolorado.org, watch the video and read about the program.
- Sign up for a health screening appointment. Appointments are required and spots are limited, so sign up today.
- Take the online, SUCCEED health assessment when it becomes available on Oct. 3. It’s also confidential and you will get a great personalized plan.
How do I win an iPad?
- Take the health assessment to be entered into the iPad drawing.
- If you also participate in a health screening then you will get an additional entry.
The SUCCEED health assessment and health screenings are absolutely private and confidential. Your employer will never see your private health information; to do so would violate the federal HIPAA law. As an employer, CU only will receive de-identified, aggregate reports. The purpose of the reports will be to provide information that can help inform future health benefit design changes that better meet the health needs of our employees.
In this initial phase, the SUCCEED health assessment tool and onsite health screenings will be available to health trust-enrolled employees and retirees of the University of Colorado, University of Colorado Hospital and University Physicians Inc., i.e., those who are the primary members of UA Net, UA Net Colorado Springs, HMO Colorado, Lumenos, CU Kaiser and Medicare Primary plans.
University employees who are on the Kaiser and United Health Care plans offered by the state of Colorado are not eligible because this program is funded by the university medical plans.