The Faculty Council Women's Committee has announced a call for proposals for the annual faculty development symposium, CU Women Succeeding.
The event, titled Taking the Next Step, is set for 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Feb. 25, 2011, at the University of Colorado at Colorado Springs. New this year, the symposium will kick off the evening of Thursday, Feb. 24, with a welcome session featuring networking activities and social events. Please watch your e-mail for specific information regarding the evening schedule and suggested hotel accommodations in Colorado Springs.
Proposals for the Friday sessions may include workshops, roundtables, panels, book discussions and other interactive and innovative formats addressing the interests and concerns of women at CU. Session topics may span teaching, clinical, research or broader educational and professional issues related to women in academia. Potential topics to consider may include, but are not limited to:
- making community engagement/service work for you
- dossier preparation
- balancing work and life
- managing technology issues in the classroom
- student disability issues
- academic freedom
- research topics on women's issues
Presenters will be responsible for coordinating their sessions and confirming other presenters once a session is accepted. Please visit the symposium website for more info:https://www.cu.edu/FacultyCouncil/Women/symposium.
Proposals must include:
1. Title of presentation
2. Summary of presentation to be printed in Symposium brochure (100 words or less, please)
3. Brief description of proposed topic (200 words)
4. Three specific learning objectives for participants
5. Time block preference (indicate preference for 50 or 90 minutes)
6. Names of each presenter (if more than one)
7. Contact information for principal presenter; CU campus and department; title; e-mail address; phone number).
8. Technology resources needed (all rooms will be equipped with LCDs and
Please submit proposals by e-mail to Stephanie Blake, co-chair of the Faculty Council Women's Committee, email@example.com by Monday, Nov. 15. The committee will decide on the program and inform presenters regarding acceptance status by mid-December.