The University of Colorado and the Boettcher Foundation announce the 2017 Boettcher Foundation Webb-Waring Biomedical Research Awards Program.
The Boettcher Foundation has established the Boettcher Foundation Webb-Waring Biomedical Research Awards program, which will provide five grants of $235,000 each, covering up to three years of research activity with the intent to provide independent research opportunities to promising and talented early career investigators. Awardees will carry the title of “Boettcher Investigator” in acknowledgement of the prestige of the award. Eligible faculty researchers from all four CU campuses are encouraged to apply.
The biomedical research supported pursuant to this grant program will be designed to find ways to prevent disease and improve human health through basic and applied biomedical research. The intent of the program is to fund meritorious research that has the potential for new discoveries or advances a discovery to the proof of its potential value as an application to improve human health. This research will improve the understanding, treatment and prevention of human disease.
Since the first awards were granted in July 2010, the Boettcher Foundation has awarded CU’s 28 current Boettcher Investigators more than $6.4 million.
For purposes of this program, an eligible early career investigator (ECI):
- Is within four years of appointment to his/her career-track academic position (i.e., whose career-track appointments began no earlier than Jan. 1, 2012);
- Has not previously received a major independent research award;
- Has received a terminal degree or completed his/her medical residency within the 10 years preceding the application (i.e. on or after Jan. 1, 2006); and
- Is either a U.S. Citizen or a Permanent Resident.
For more details, go to: http://www.cu.edu/bfww/eligibility
Applications must be submitted to your campus Grants office by the deadlines included in the following campus-specific instructions:
- University of Colorado Boulder
- University of Colorado Colorado Springs
- University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus
Please do not contact the Boettcher Foundation directly.