CU Connections next month will relaunch in a new, mobile-friendly Web platform with added features and more opportunities for faculty and staff to connect with news and information from across the University of Colorado.
Among the additions and improvements:
- Mobile-responsive design: Like cu.edu, CU Connections will boast a display that recognizes and adjusts to the screen you’re using, be it a desktop, laptop, tablet or phone. Text, photos and other media on each page will automatically resize to make accessing content simple and swift. The weekly email – automatically delivered to all faculty and staff – also is redesigned to be responsive, providing easy reading and direct access to individual stories.
- Reader polls: Make your voice heard with a click by taking part in regular reader polls, where we’ll pose questions prompted by hot topics and issues around CU, Colorado and higher education.
- Better commenting capability: Give instant feedback to posts with commenting powered by Disqus, the Web’s favorite discussion system.
- New calendar: Keep tabs on events and happenings that matter to faculty and staff.
- Integrated campus content: CU Connections will continue to highlight news from across the campuses. Whenever possible, we’ll link directly to campus-based Websites, where you can discover more of the news that’s important to you.
- Headlines from elsewhere: Besides continuing to provide original content and a digest of what’s going on within CU, CU Connections will point you toward relevant media postings from local, state and national news organizations.
- Twitter feed: Get a live look at social media activity across CU.
- Tailor your experience: Sample a wide array of news and information from the CU system and campuses, or quickly sort just the posts that interest you – by campus, peer group or story type.
CU Connections resumes its weekly publication schedule with the Aug. 6 issue. The all-new CU Connections is coming later in August. Watch for more details in the coming weeks.