Several long-serving members of the UCCS community will be honored today as part of the campus’s 50th anniversary celebrations.
Festivities are scheduled to begin at 4 p.m. today on El Pomar Plaza with a photograph of faculty and staff that mimics one taken in 1990 as part of 25th anniversary celebrations. From 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. in Berger Hall, the celebration will continue with food, music and dancing.
As part of the formal festivities, Chancellor Pam Shockley-Zalabak will recognize nine faculty members for their more than 40 years of service to the campus. Known as the legacy builders, Shockley-Zalabak hopes to make such recognitions an annual event.
“Collectively and individually, these members of our campus community have done so much,” Shockley-Zalabak said. “As we prepare to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the founding of the campus, it is important that we recognize those whose efforts give us reason to celebrate.”
Those who will be recognized are:
- Allen Schoffstall, professor, Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, 48 years.
- Kenneth Pellow, professor, Department of English, 46 years.
- James Null, professor, Department of Political Science, 45 years.
- Donald Warrick, professor, College of Business, 44 years.
- Kirkland Wilcox, professor, College of Business, 43 years.
- Thomas Napierkowski, professor, Department of English, 42 years.
- Robert Durham, associate professor, Department of Psychology, 42 years.
- Richard Dukes, professor, Department of Sociology, 42 years.
- Murray Ross, manager, Theatreworks, 40 years.
Questions? Contact Sterlynn Clendenin, event specialist, University Center, 255-4201, email@example.com