Call for proposals: 12th Annual CU Women Succeeding
The Faculty Council Women’s Committee announces a call for proposals for the CU Women Succeeding 12th Annual Professional Development Symposium.
The one-day symposium runs 7:30 a.m.-5 p.m. Feb. 28, 2014, on the CU Anschutz Medical Campus.
The committee welcomes proposals for workshops, roundtables, book discussions, panels, and other interactive and innovative formats focused on the theme of "Empowerment for Excellence.” Proposals should address the interests and concerns of CU women faculty and staff and also may address broader educational/professional development issues related to women in academia and beyond.
Proposals must include:
- Title of presentation
- Summary of presentation to be printed in Symposium brochure (100 words or less, please)
- Brief description or proposed topic and how it relates to the “Empowerment for Excellence” theme (200 words).
- One to three specific teaming objectives for participants
- Time block preference (Indicate preference for 45 or 90 minutes)
- Names of each presenter (if more than one)
- Contact information for the principal presenter; CU campus and department; title; email address: phone number
- Technology resources needed
Deadline for submission is Nov. 11.
Submit your proposal here: www.cu.edu/FacultyCouncil/womens-symposium
The selection process will be completed and presenters notified by early December.