Several University of Colorado Boulder School of Education faculty members recently were recognized for a variety of honors and activities.
- Rubén Donato is a 2012 recipient of the CU Parents Association Marinus Smith Staff/Faculty Recognition Award, established to honor those who have had a significant, positive impact on a CU-Boulder undergraduate.
- Guillermo (Willy) Solano-Flores received the Outstanding Faculty Graduate Advising Award May 4 during a ceremony in the University Memorial Center. He was nominated for the award by five of his students .
- Michele Moses completed a two-week Fulbright Specialist grant in Brazil in which she shared her education policy expertise through the Fulbright Program sponsored by the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs.
- Instructor Kent Willmann and current CU Social Studies candidates Ben Kenan, Marcia Thurston and Emily Krochmal joined School of Education alumni and current teachers Justelle Grandsaert, Ryan Carpenter and Max Schosid at Doing Democracy Day on April 17.
- Shelby Wolf spoke at the Seven Stories Museum in Newcastle, England, on children’s literature moving into the digital age.