Faculty, staff and students were recognized for outstanding contributions and service to the campus community at the University of Colorado Colorado Springs Campus Awards Ceremony on May 2.
Although Provost Peg Bacon is known and highly respected for being prepared and speaking with great skill, she was clearly flustered when Pam Shockley-Zalabak gave her the Special Chancellor’s Award. “It’s easier to give awards than to receive them,” she said later when she presented another award.
The awards and honorees included:
- Nancy Gadachy, office manager, Student Health Center: Campus Sustainability Award
- Paul Harvey, professor, Department of History: Chancellor’s Award
- Peg Bacon, provost and executive vice chancellor, Office of Academic Affairs: Special Chancellor’s Award
- Steve Linhart, director, Office of Emergency Management: Outstanding Staff Award
- Janet Myers, senior instructor, Department of History: Outstanding Instructor Award
- Christina Jimenez, associate professor, Department of History: Faculty Award for Outstanding Contribution to Diversity and Inclusiveness
- Rebecca Laroche, professor, Department of English: Faculty Award for Excellence in Research
- Chris Hill, professor, Department of History: Outstanding Teacher Award