The Boulder Faculty Assembly recently announced the recipients of the 2015 BFA Excellence Awards. These awards recognize outstanding contributions by faculty in the areas of teaching, service and leadership, and research and creative work. The awards are peer-nominated; awardees will be formally recognized at a ceremony later this semester. This year’s awardees are as follows:
Excellence in Leadership and Service
- James Austin, music
- Nicholas Flores, economics
- Carmen Grace, French and Italian
- Timothy Seastedt, ecology and evolutionary biology and INSTAAR.
Excellence in Teaching
- Elissa Guralnick, music
- Andrew Martin, ecology and evolutionary biology
- Stefanie Mollborn, sociology.
Excellence in Research, Scholarly, and Creative Work
- William Bowman, ecology and evolutionary biology
- Chris Braider, French and Italian and Journalism and Mass Communication
- Brian Catlos, religious studies
- Yongmin Chen, economics.