Winners of the University of Colorado at Boulder 2010 Alumni Association Awards will be recognized at 7 p.m. May 5 during a ceremony in the Old Main Chapel.
The awards recognize outstanding achievement and contributions by students, faculty, staff and alumni of the community.
- Laurence Boxer, Hank Brown, Richard Knowlton, Julianne Steinhauer. The George Norlin Award honors alumni for distinguished lifetime achievement who throughout their lives have demonstrated a commitment to excellence in their chosen field and a devotion to the betterment of society and their community.
- John Cumalat, Richard Noble, Ric Porreca, Robert Schulzinger. The Robert L. Stearns Award recognizes outstanding members of the currentCU-Boulder faculty and staff for exceptional achievement or service for teaching, service to the university, work with students, significant research or off-campus service to the community.
- Joanne Arnold, Woody and Leslie Eaton, Clancy Herbst. The Alumni Recognition Award honors alumni who celebrate the Forever Buffs tenets of engaging, contributing and celebrating their CU pride through their extraordinary service to CU-Boulder.
- Nick Sowden. The Kalpana Chawla Outstanding Recent Graduate Award recognizes alumni who have made exceptional contributions to their field as well as significant contributions to the community and/or the university within 10 years of leaving CU.
- Mary Judd. The Leanne Skupa-Lee Award honors the most effective volunteer representative of the National Admissions Assistance Program.
- Wynne Adams, Mindy Bridges, Melissa Khat, Bryant Mason, Heidi Mayer, Austin Rempel, Mercedes Ruiz, Denise Weber. The Public Interest Internship Experience Award aims to encourage civic leadership by promoting internship opportunities and supporting students interested in bringing about change in the public sector.
This year marks the 80th anniversary of the awards ceremony: The George Norlin Award was presented for the first time in 1930.
A reception will follow the ceremony in the CU Heritage Center, third floor of Old Main. The event is open to the public; guests may RSVP by contacting Ryan Lecky at the Alumni Association at email@example.com or 303-492-0635.