At an Aug. 6 forum in the University Center Theater, UCCS unveiled a first-of-its-kind mobile application that allows students to access their university information from a smartphone or tablet.
John Hanna, application manager, University Information Systems, gave a live demonstration of the app to UCCS faculty, staff and students.
According to Hanna, UCCS2GO will address the needs of the campus and give students what they want.
“Students want mobile capability,” Hanna said. “(They) will be one tap away from accessing their student data.”
UCCS2GO allows students to search for and enroll in classes, monitor their finances and view their current schedule.
According to Hanna, all information being accessed is considered sensitive data and will be protected by requiring students to login to access their information.
“(It) happens every single time a student goes to access the app and is a secure mechanism for delivering this content,” Hanna said.
The app was developed by Oracle Corporation, in conjunction with University Information Systems, UCCS Information Technology and the Office of the Registrar.
UCCS is the first to pilot the application as part of the Oracle Campus Solutions student information system. Features include:
- Holds: allowing students to identify any holds on their account
- Add/Drop: Students can customize their Enrollment Cart by removing or adding courses before the Drop Deadline.
- Grades: Term and Official Grades along with calculated GPA
- Map: Students can find their classes location via Google Maps.
- Finances: Students can view their Bursar Account, payment of any kind is not supported in the UCCS2GO application