Two Administrative Policy Statements (APSs) were rescinded last month while several other APSs previously under consideration for the January cycle have been postponed for more review.
The Office of Policy and Efficiency (OPE) this week announced the Jan. 6 rescission of two fiscal-related administrative policy statements (APSs):
- 4017-Direct Spending from a Foundation on Behalf of the University
- 4019-Reimbursement for Work Done on Behalf of a University of Colorado Supporting Foundation
The changes, approved by President Bruce Benson, were brought about by the transition of CU Foundation development staff onto the advancement team, now part of the university. For more detailed information, go to http://www.cu.edu/ope/policy/aps-changes.
Several other APSs which have been under review – originally scheduled for the Jan. 1 policy cycle – have been delayed to an off-cycle approval to ensure adequate vetting with university stakeholders. The OPE expects these to go to the TEAM in either March or April for final approval:
- 1010-Program Discontinuance When No Tenured or Tenure-track Faculty Face Dismissal
- 1015-Implementing Program Discontinuance
- 2001-Commencement Exercise Responsibilities
- 3002-Capital Construction Planning and Projects
- 6001-Providing and Using Information Technology
- 8003-Campus Designation on Diplomas and Transcripts (formerly, Campus Designation on Diplomas, Permanent Record Cards and Transcripts)
- 8004-Admission Procedures for Assessing Student Applicant Criminal History (formerly, Admission Procedures for Students with Criminal Convictions)
- 2025-University Brand Identity and Trademarks
The July 1 policy cycle also has begun. A list of the tentative policies under review, as well as justifications and drafts, will begin to be posted to the OPE website (https://www.cu.edu/ope/policy/aps-under-review) and will be updated as needed.
For general information on system policies, go to: http://www.cu.edu/ope. To receive periodic policy updates from the Office of Policy and Efficiency, please send an email to email@example.com request to be added to the OPE Distribution List.