The University of Colorado Staff Council (UCSC) requests nominations of classified staff and professional exempt employees for the annual Service Excellence Award. The award is presented to one qualified person from each campus and system administration, and includes a $1,000 cash award to be presented at the All Staff Council Conference on April 12. Each of the recipients will be invited to the luncheon, along with his/her nominator, supervisor, and one additional guest.
UCSC is pleased to recognize and reward individuals who have provided outstanding volunteer service to their campus, community/civic/professional activities, and the university as a whole through involvement in staff issues, committee work, teamwork, professional development of peers and community relations.
Any active, certified, classified staff or professional exempt employee of the university, excluding the current members of UCSC, is eligible to receive this award. Nominations will be accepted from any staff, faculty, student or administrator within the university. For best results, nominators may need to work with their nominee for a complete nomination packet.
Nominations will be judged on the candidate’s service. (Note: Service does not include activities that are part of an employee’s job description or that are directly related to the employee’s current job duties.) Service includes:
- Service to the employee’s home campus including but not limited to, membership and leadership within standing and ad-hoc committees, staff governance organizations, and by the importance of the activity and its benefit to the campus community (50 percent);
- Service to the community/civic and professional organizations (30 percent); and
- Service to the university including but not limited to, membership and leadership within standing and ad-hoc committees, staff governance organizations, local and statewide organizations, and by the importance of the activity and its benefit to the university community (20 percent);
Nomination packets (10-page maximum) must be received by Friday, March 8, and MUST INCLUDE:
- A completed nomination describing the nominee’s service to the three areas listed above.
- A paragraph describing the nominee's current job responsibilities.
- One letter from the nominator and one additional letter of support from a staff member, a faculty member, or an administrator, based on the award criteria.
The nomination materials will be reviewed by the University of Colorado Staff Council and recipients will be chosen based on the above criteria. Accuracy of the nominee’s qualifications will be verified by UCSC.
Submit nomination packets to your UCSC Campus Representative by March 8, 2013:
|Boulder: Dana Drummond
||Colorado Springs: Rhea Taylor
|Denver | AMC: Deserae Frisk
||System: Leo Balaban