Nominations are requested for the 2012 Thomas Jefferson Awards, given each spring to a faculty member, a staff member and a student who advance the ideals of Thomas Jefferson, which include:
- broad interests in literature, arts and sciences, and public affairs;
- a strong concern for the advancement of higher education;
- a deeply seated sense of individual civic responsibility; and
- a profound commitment to the welfare and rights of the individual.
The special significance of the award is its integration of excellence in performance of regular responsibilities with outstanding service to the broader community.
Nominees should be members of the teaching faculty, the student body, or the classified or professional exempt staff whose achievements reflect superior performance in their normal work or scholarship and notable participation in humanitarian activities.
The nomination deadline is Friday, Dec. 2, 2011. Self-nominations are not encouraged. For fairness and consistency, the nomination packet is limited to 20 pages and must include the following:
- a strong nomination letter addressing how the nominee meets the award criteria;
- a current resume; and
- at least three letters of support.
A universitywide competition, the Jefferson Award is one of the university’s highest honors, and includes an engraved plaque and a $2,000 cash honorarium for each recipient.
Please send 10 copies of your nomination packet to:
Thomas Jefferson Awards Committee
c/o Office of Academic Affairs
1800 Grant St.
Denver, CO 80203
Campus Box: 35 UCA (Campus Mail only)
Attn: Thomas Spahr
Electronically as one PDF to OfficeofAcademicAffairs@cu.edu
For more information, please contact Thomas Spahr at 303-860-5623 or Thomas.Spahr@cu.edu.