The University of Colorado Foundation has elected Carl A. (“Spike”) Eklund of Denver to a two-year term as chair of its Board of Directors, and Jeremy O. May of Broomfield to a two-year term as vice chair.
Eklund, senior counsel at Ballard Spahr LLP, brings to this role substantial experience and passion for the University of Colorado. He has served on the CU Foundation Board of Trustees since 2005, in roles including vice chair and chair of the membership and governance committees. He earned a B.A. from CU-Boulder in 1967, and a J.D. from the CU Law School in 1971.
May, president of financial services firm ALPS Fund Services, also builds on experience in volunteer leadership roles at the foundation, including as Trustee sine 2006 and as chair of the audit and compensation committees. He earned a B.S. from the University of Colorado Boulder in 1992.
Additionally, the following volunteer leaders have been elected to three-year terms as directors and trustees of the CU Foundation. All new volunteer leadership roles are effective Nov. 1.
Board of Directors
- David C. Baker, Greenwood Village
- Michael F. Imhoff, Greenwood Village
- James C.T. Linfield, Boulder
- Dawn F. Wood, Denver
- Board of Trustees
- Michael D. Fryt, Cordova, Tenn.
- Michael J. Gerber, Denver
- Edward A. Holloway, Timnath
- Gary M. Jacobs, Boulder
- Nan E. Joesten, Alameda, Calif.
- Douglas H. Kelsall, Englewood
- David T. Lougee, Great Falls, Va,
- Gary D. Meggison, Lakewood
- Brett D. Nicholas, Mill Valley, Calif.
- James (“Jay”) S. Ogsbury, Greenwood Village
- David R. Santistevan, Rancho Santa Fe, Calif.
- Donatella P. Scanniello, Boulder
- D. Randall Weeks, Denver
Members of the Board of Directors have fiduciary oversight of the CU Foundation. Members of the Board of Trustees serve as volunteer leaders of the Foundation through their contributions of private support and advocacy for the University of Colorado.