Feb. 10 is the deadline for initial application materials for this year’s Boettcher Foundation Webb-Waring Biomedical Research Awards.
Applications for the 2017 Boettcher Foundation Webb-Waring Biomedical Research Awards program must be submitted to your campus Grants office by the deadlines included in the following campus-specific instructions:
- University of Colorado Boulder
- University of Colorado Colorado Springs
- University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus
The Boettcher Foundation established the Webb-Waring Biomedical Research Awards program, which will provide five grants of $235,000 each covering up to three years of research activity with the intent to provide independent research opportunities to promising and talented early career investigators. Awardees will carry the title of “Boettcher Investigator” in acknowledgement of the prestigious award.
Eligible faculty researchers from all four CU campuses are encouraged to apply.
For purposes of this program, an eligible early career investigator (ECI):
- Is within four years of appointment to his/her career-track academic position (i.e., whose career-track appointments began no earlier than Jan. 1, 2012);
- Has not previously received a major independent research award;
- Has received a terminal degree or completed his/her medical residency within the 10 years preceding the application (i.e., on or after Jan. 1, 2006); and
- Is either a U.S. Citizen or a Permanent Resident.
Since the first awards were granted in July 2010, the Boettcher Foundation has awarded CU’s 28 current Boettcher Investigators more than $6.4 million.
For more details, go to: http://www.cu.edu/bfww/eligibility