The University of Colorado Hospital recently held its Medical Staff Awards dinner at the Seawell Grand Ballroom at the Denver Center for the Performing Arts. The event honored several faculty and two members of the nursing staff at the hospital. Medical Staff President Andy Meacham served as master of ceremonies as the winners of seven awards were announced:
- Todd Kingdom, associate professor: President's Award
- Bennie Lindeque, professor: Outstanding Full-Time Physician of the Year
- Michael Cain, radiology administration: Extraordinary Service Award
- Paul Maroni, assistant professor, and Fred Severyn, associate professor: Pioneer Award.
- Harri Brackett, case manager palliative care, and Maren Diercks, transplant coordinator: Partners in Care Award
- Shandra Wilson, assistant professor: Partners in Care Physician Award
- Ethan Cumbler, assistant professor, and Erin Egan, assistant professor: Performance Improvement and Patient Safety Award