President Saliman named official starter of Monday’s BOLDERBoulder
President Todd Saliman will serve as the Official Starter for the 2026 BOLDERBoulder on Monday, Memorial Day, the race announced last week.

As Official Starter, Saliman will welcome participants to the start line and fire the starter’s pistol 96 times, sending each wave off with their own ceremonial playing of the “Call to the Post.” More than 50,000 runners and walkers are expected to participate in this year’s 10K race, which finishes inside CU Boulder’s Folsom Field and culminates with the annual Memorial Day Tribute.
“I'm excited and honored to serve as the Official Starter for the BOLDERBoulder this year,” Saliman said. “My family and I have participated in this longstanding Colorado tradition numerous times, and being part of the race this year is particularly meaningful as it coincides with the 150th anniversaries of our great state and the University of Colorado. CU is proud to be part of the unique BOLDERBoulder experience year after year.”
Since 1981, the partnership between the BOLDERBoulder and the University of Colorado has become one of the defining elements of the event. Over 1.5 million finishers have experienced the race’s iconic finish inside Folsom Field beneath the Flatirons.
“Todd Saliman has been an incredible partner and advocate for both the University of Colorado and the Boulder community,” said Cliff Bosley, BOLDERBoulder race director. “The relationship between the BOLDERBoulder and CU Boulder has helped create an experience unlike any other road race in the world, and we are honored to have President Saliman serve as this year’s Official Starter.”
The BOLDERBoulder annually attracts participants from all 50 states and over two dozen countries and has been named “America’s All-Time Best 10K” by Runner’s World. In 2025, the race was the third-largest running event in the United States and the largest 10K in the world. For more information, visit www.bolderboulder.com.